Recipe: Lavender Lemonade Mojito
This recipe is made with lavender simple syrup and homemade lemonade muddled with mint. It's a cool, refreshing drink for any occasion. Lavender has many wellness benefits, as we have discussed on our education blog, including relieving stress, insomnia, menopause symptoms, anxiety, anger, and more.
Lavender naturally pairs well with lemon, and mint is just another herb that pairs well with both! You’ll want to start by making the simple syrup:
4 cups of filtered water
½ cup of dried or fresh lavender
1½ cups of sugar
Fresh mint sprigs
Optional: Rum as desired
- Add water and sugar into in a small pot and bring to a low boil
- Add ½ cup of lavender, like you are making lavender tea.
- Reduce the mixture to a simmer for 25 minutes uncovered
- Continually add sugar to the simmer by 1/2 cup every 5 minutes until it is a thick syrup.*Keep an eye on it, make use the sugar isn’t caramelizing
- To preserve it longer, add 1/2 tsp of absorbic acid
- Squeeze 4 lemons and pour the juice into a 64oz pitcher (2 lemons for every 32oz of water).
- Crush fresh mint or just add the leaves of mint to the pitcher
- Cool the simple syrup to room temperature before adding it to your lemonade.
- Add rum as desired
- Pour over ice and serve!
The color of the cocktail will vary, don’t expect a deep colorful purple unless you're comfortable using food coloring. Let us know how you enjoyed this recipe in the comments below!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published