Are you looking for a wonderful alternative to standard fruit jam? I bet you've never had flower jelly! Made with wholesome ingredients, and no animal byproducts, you can put this on bread, toast, bagels and add it to plain yogurt! This is quite different than the Lavender Jams we make from fruit at Lavish Hill Farms, but this one is quite unique as well as popular in France.
Yields 2 pints
2 cup firmly packed lavender flower petals, dried or fresh
3 cups water
5 cups sugar
1 medium lemon, juiced
2 pkg. (6 oz) pectin (powder)
- Blend 1½ cup of water with lemon juice and lavender until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
- Add sugar and blend until dissolved
- Stir powdered pectin and 1½ cups of water in a small saucepan boil for 1½ minute
- Pour blended ingredients into the saucepan and blend and cook for 1 additional minute
- Pour into sterilized jam jars
- Add 1 tsp of ascorbic acid “Vitamin-C”
- Cool before refrigerating
- Keep for 3 weeks refrigerated
Now that you are done, Try it on everything! Let us know how you like this recipe in the comments below!
If you'd like to try our Lavender Jams, check out our online store.