You don’t need fancy soaps and serums to create a luxurious and relaxing experience, in fact most products you'll find in stores will leave your skin covered in an invisible chemical film, or contain chemical fragrances which disrupt your endocrine system.
This Lavender-Oatmeal Bath Soak is simple, inexpensive, and packed with amazing skin benefits. Oats help soothe and repair dry, itchy, and irritated skin, making them a staple in many all-natural beauty products. Baking soda neutralizes any yeast which commonly plagues the skin and body. Epsom salt helps relieve tension in muscles and Lavender essential oil creates a relaxing atmosphere with numerous cosmetic benefits for the skin.
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 5 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 10 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Grind oats in a food processor or coffee grinder into a fine flour-like texture.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until oils are evenly distributed.
- Store in a glass jar and use about 1 cup of mixture per bath.
Tip: Create a pouch for your mixture using a sock or pantyhose to reduce floating oatmeal flakes in your bath.
As with all epsom salt products, it is recommended not to use them every day, but perhaps no more than 3 times a week.
We hope you enjoy this DIY recipe, check out our DIY and Recipes blog for more Lavender based content! Tell us, how did this makeup remover work for you? Leave a comment below.