The makeup removers in store are filled with no-so-healthy ingredients like mineral oil and endocrine disrupting chemicals and fragrance. Being that it is so important to remove makeup before bed, and lavender essential oil is great for relieving insomnia, this DIY recipe is better than anything you'll find in stores. With all natural ingredients, you can take charge of your health and wellness by creating your own beauty products wherever possible.
Lavender oil has numerous other wellness benefits that you can check out on our education blog, but cosmetically it reduces inflammation and supports the skin all of us want: clear, toned, bouncy skin that looks fresh when we awaken.
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup distilled water
- 1 tsp castile soap
- 1 tsp witch hazel
- 1 tsp fractionated (liquid) coconut oil
- 7 drops Lavender essential oil
- Round cotton pads
- 4 ounce airtight glass container
- Label (save and download label by right clicking the image below)
- Pour distilled water in a glass container.
- Add castile soap, witch hazel, coconut oil, and Lavender essential oil.
- Put the lid on the container and shake well to combine all ingredients.
- Take off the lid and insert the cotton pads to the top of the jar or until they stop absorbing liquid.
- Print labels on a sticker sheet or on paper and affix with glue. Place label on container lid.
- To use, remove one wipe and squeeze out excess liquid. Gently blot or wipe over closed eyelids until makeup is removed. Store with the lid tightly screwed.
If you find that this doesn't quite remove your mascara, add more coconut oil. Be sure that your ingredients are all natural and without fillers for the best results.
We hope you enjoy this DIY recipe, check out our DIY and Recipes blog for more Lavender based content! Tell us, how did this makeup remover work for you? Leave a comment below.