During the COVID-19 quarantines happening world wide, we are glad to share more ways to keep your home clean and reduce infection, supporting the immune system and using anti-viral cleaning products is the best thing you can do along with social distancing. In addition to diffusing pure lavender essential oil, making your own household surface cleanser is a healthier alternative to what's left in stores.
Lavender has numerous wellness benefits, while peroxide is one affordable and handy product which anti-viral properties. While it is no longer recommended for this skin due to it's harm to the cells that assist in healing, it's great for cleaning surfaces because according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Trusted Source, hydrogen peroxide kills yeasts, fungi, bacteria, viruses, and mold spores.
How to use this spray:
- Clean surfaces frequently, especially metal like sinks and doorknobs.
- Disinfect produce and extend shelf life
- Eliminate garbage can germs and odor
- Deep clean your toilet
- Shine glass and mirrors
- Kill mold and mildew in the shower
- Remove laundry stains and brighten whites
- Treat plants with fungal infections
- Sanitize your toothbrush
- Sterilize makeup brushes
- 1 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 10-30 drops of lavender essential oil
- Combine in spray bottle and use throughout your home.
TIP: Avoid shaking and never mix with vinegar
We hope you enjoy this DIY recipe, check out our DIY and Recipes blog for more Lavender based content! Tell us, how did this makeup remover work for you? Leave a comment below.